Friday, December 21, 2012

Showrunner Glen Mazzara Departs The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

On the heels of the announcement that Walking Dead had been picked up for a fourth season comes this shocker: Showrunner Glen Mazzara is out. Mazzara, of course, took over for original showrunner Frank Darabont after he was axed. Why can't this show keep their talent?

AMC and Glen Mazzara released this "joint statement" moments ago, stating that "for future seasons of The Walking Dead, the two parties [AMC and Mazzara] have mutually decided to part ways."

Here's Mazzara's official statement that was included with the first announcement:

"My time as showrunner on The Walking Dead has been an amazing experience, but after I finish season 3, it's time to move on. I have told the stories I wanted to tell and connected with our fans on a level that I never imagined. It doesn't get much better than that. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey."

And moments after the announcement the whole Walking Dead team dealt out accompanying statements as well. Here's Gale Anne Hurd:

"I am appreciative and grateful to Glen for his hard work on ‘The Walking Dead.' I am supportive of AMC and Glen's decision and know that the series is in great hands with one of the most talented and dedicated casts and crews in the business. I look forward to the show's continued success."
Robert Kirkman also commented:

I am in full support of both AMC and Glen Mazzara in the decision they have come to and believe the parties came to this decision in the best interest of the future of the show. I thank Glen for his hard work and appreciate his many contributions to The Walking Dead and look forward to working with him as we complete post production on Season 3. I am also excited to begin work on another spectacular season of this show that I know means so much to so many people. This show has always been the result of a wide range of extremely talented men and women working tirelessly to produce their best work collectively. I believe the future is bright for The Walking Dead. Thank you to the fans for your continued support.
Hopefully AMC will continue to support this great series and hire the right person for the job (Darabont?)

No comments:

Post a Comment